Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Make it stop

Time, that is.

Corin rolled over today. Twice.

Yeah, rolled. All by himself. Back to front (to the right).

He's been getting up on his hip for a while now (2 weeks, maybe), but hadn't made it all the way over without the aid of the cradle swinging. He was close a couple of days ago, but the mirror on his play mat got in the way.

The first was at pilates this morning. He was on the mat while I did weights. He rolled himself over to watch the little girl in the class. Then, it looked like he pretty much fell asleep with his eyes open (probably as a result of having been on a 4+ hour nap strike - ended around 5 hours, but sucked). When I got his attention back, he got himself back up on his hip and I nudged him a bit (with my toe) to get him back to his back and he freaked out.

Then, we went to a play date this afternoon and he did it again. He wouldn't show his daddy the new trick, though. He'd go to his hip and no further.

This is insanity. I've been told he'll do things earlier than she did. This is 1.5 months earlier. I was hoping the 'boys develop slower factor' would keep him closer to on par and not ahead. I don't know if I can handle him walking in the next 6 months.

Yeah...dt/dt > 1 in the grand scheme of things. I mean, he was just born yesterday. Sheesh.

No comments: