Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stop and smell the baby

I found myself anticipating Chrys' return to get Corin after his last nursing of the evening. I wanted him to hurry downstairs and get him so my day could end. I wanted him to cut his time with Ryanne short so I could get on with other things.

Then, I realized what that meant.

I started relishing those last moments as Corin slept in my lap. I started enjoying watching him sleep. I started studying his face. I started watching his motions. I started soaking up the scent of freshly washed baby skin. I started touching him a bit more to enjoy the softness of baby skin. I enjoyed my time with him because I realized that it will all go by way too quickly and it will be my last.

I feel less rushed. I don't take the time for granted as much. It's given me some patience. It's made me try to enjoy my time with Ryanne, even when it's REALLY hard.

I'm happier for it.

No comments: