Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bit the bullet

This weekend, we admitted to ourselves that Corin was within 1" of the top of his baby bucket and moved him to the Britax. From a convenience standpoint, this is very sad. No more carrying him into someplace in his car seat. No more dropping the car seat right on top of the stroller. No more keeping him asleep as we move him in and out of the car. No more lugging around 15lbs of seat in addition to my 20lbs of baby - wait...I'm not sure that was so convenient.

I feel like all I do is talk about how big he is, but he's huge. I put him on my lap today in pilates. I put his head at my hips (pelvis) and he was kicking my ankles without having to work at it. It's insane. He's going through a size of clothing a month. We bought his Christmas outfit in 9-12 months because we really do figure he'll be 20lbs by then.

That said, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep slinging him. At this point, I can't take the weight of the Bjorn on my back. The sling is just my shoulder (and I suppose a bit of my back if I get it tightened right), but even that is pretty tiring after a bit. He's a heavy dude.

I think I may need to ask for one of these for Christmas just to keep from killing my back before he can walk.

No comments: