Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 08, 2006

2 month checkup

Corin was 14lbs 9.5oz. Jeez! He's 97% for weight. He was 75% for height and 96% for head circ. The goal is more weight than height and we've got that taken care of.

Poor guy got 5 pokes, all mercury free. He also got the oral rotavirus vax. I wonder about vaccinating sometimes. There are so many people that don't want to do it, but they are relying on those of us that do to keep their kids healthy. Herd immunity is great, but many more are starting to stray from the herd. It's going to get us in trouble. He didn't have a reaction to them. He was a little more sleepy and a little cranky, but nothing major.

He's getting over his first cold. Ryanne brought it home from school. He got crazy congested, was throwing up (because of the mucous), and just generally a mess. We had him sleep in his car seat in the cradle for a few days because that seemed to help him breathe. We did breastmilk up the nose, saline up the nose, blue bulb suction. None of it really helped, but he seems to be better now.

Around the same time he got sick, he started sleeping more. He's up to 7-8 hours before his first night feeding! It's amazing. If I get to bed at a semi-decent hour (before 11), I get a decent stretch of sleep.

Which is good because I need rest to heal. The big toe on my left foot is shattered. I'll have surgery to fix it on Wednesday. We'll talk to the doc on Monday to see how long it's going to take, what medicines they'll give me, etc, so I can get a feel for how much milk I need in the freezer to feed Corin. I have been trying to pump while he nurses since Thursday (when I broke it) so I'm building a little stash. I think we'll get through as long as it's only a day or two that I can't nurse.

No comments: